Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 in Review

Happy New Year 2016!

 

It's cold and windy here in SoCal this morning. Cold being a relative term, as today's high will ONLY be in the 60s.  Every year on December 31, many thousands of people camp out overnight on the sidewalks of the city of Pasadena, overnight low temperature in the 30s, to save a seat to watch the Rose Parade in person.  The rest of the world watches the Rose Parade while packing their suitcases [we in SoCal realize we are weather wimps, and our cold isn't even close to the cold everywhere else].  Once the parade ends, the rumble of vehicles headed to SoCal has been rumored to set off a chain of earthquakes here.

I live about 50 miles from Pasadena.  On January 1, my family has a tradition of watching the Rose Parade on television [because we're too wimpy to spend the night on the street in the cold] while taking down our Christmas tree and decorations.  That's what I'll be doing today.

Just for fun, I thought I'd give a summary of this blog since 3/23/2014 when I started.

Most-viewed posts:

Small claims trials can be head shakers
A to Z reflections 2015
No photography in court
Respect the lady in the wheelchair

As of this post, my blog has 123 posts.

My top 10 countries for blog visitors, most common first:

United States
Russia
Australia
Brunei
United Kingdom
Canada
Germany
France
Ukraine
New Zealand

My IT husband says the Brunei hits [which just started showing up in the last 7-10 days] are probably people trying to hack into the Google server.  I reported it to Google.  Apparently it isn't something they care about too much.

I hope all my blog readers have a safe, healthy, happy, and prosperous new year!


8 comments:

  1. Most of my blog hits came from the US, with the UK and Canada close behind. I got pings from 160 countries in all. Sadly, most of those were probably bots or wannabe hackers. It would be lovely if they were all actual real people taking an interest in my blog. How cool to get comments from 160 different countries?

    Have a wonderful 2016, Dena! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still amazed that I have any blog comments in the first place. But having comments from 160 countries would definitely be cool.

      Have a great 2016!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dena,
    Sometimes my Russian audience surpasses my American audience.
    Hope to see you at AtoZ again this year!
    Happy New Year ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your Russian audience. Yes, I'm planning to do AtoZ this year. I already have my topic. I hope to write most or all of my posts in advance this year, not like last year when I wrote a week's worth on the previous weekend.

      Happy 2016!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Dena, Congratulations on posting so much. I migrated to wordpress in October so my stats are funky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, and congrats on migrating to Wordpress! I'm really NOT tech-savvy so migrating seems scary to me.

      Delete
  4. Belated Happy New Year, Dena. I love Pasadena. Now your stats will include Israel as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful new year.

      Delete