- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Best states for military retirees
- THIS WEEK'S FEATURED LINK: Financial lessons learned during pandemic
Saturday, March 29, 2014
My paranormal romance Angel Among Us. This is my second manuscript but the first one that is close to being publishable. I'm so excited! Here's my query letter:
The night 18-year-old Carter Felton tries to end his pointless life, he meets his soul mate. He loves gazing into her huge, beautiful, brown eyes. He loves it when she strokes his cheeks with her warm, soft, webbed hands. She has no name, so he calls her Ellie. And now he has a reason for living. He'll help her stay hidden from the rest of earth society, learn more about her, and show her how much he loves her.
Showing her how much he loves her is the easy part.
Learning more about her, not so much. He didn't bargain for the requirement to let down his protective emotional wall or the requirement to accept the love of his adoptive parents as part of the process.
Helping her stay hidden from the rest of earth society, downright difficult. She has this annoying habit of rescuing people.
And then one evening, on the five o'clock news, most of society learns exactly what Ellie can do. When Carter subconsciously pulls away from her, he is devastated to realize his rejection may have caused her to go back home. Ending his life seems like the easiest and best option. Because living for her would require him to revisit the pain and rejection of his past, and hers as well, to prove to them both that love is real, and life is worth living.