- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- True sportsmanship
- Dave Barry columns
- Reader's Digest Funny Stories
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- THIS WEEK'S FEATURED LINK: AirBnb Guest from Hell
Friday, March 18, 2016
THE SOUND AND THE FURRY - Spencer Quinn [Book recommendation]
Description: Chet and Bernie investigate a missing person in Louisiana. Book is narrated by Chet the dog.
Plot: Chet and Bernie travel to New Orleans to find Frenchie's brother, a reclusive inventor who has gone missing, along with his houseboat and dog. Along the way they discover a family feud reminiscent of the Hatfields and McCoys, and find a shady oil company.
Characterization: Chet is a really funny narrator, going off on tangents and getting distracted by the things that would be important to a dog. Bernie is a good detective altho not good with money management. All of the secondary characters were well-developed.
Setting: Louisiana. The descriptions were good, I was able to picture every scene.
Other: This is the sixth book in the series. Chet tends to notice all of the same types of things, but it is sufficiently humorous and varied that it didn't get boring. Bernie really needs to learn money management.
Overall: A fun story.