- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- True sportsmanship
- What the 2016 World Series taught us
- Dave Barry columns
- Reader's Digest Funny Stories
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- THIS WEEK'S FEATURED LINK: Can a joke be protected by copyright law?
Friday, September 16, 2016
NYPD RED 4 by James Patterson and Marshall Karp [Book recommendation]
Book obtained from: Library New Books shelf, audio book
Description: This is book #4 in this series by James Patterson and Marshall Karp. This specialized unit of the NYPD is an elite task force which investigates cases involving the rich and famous.
Plot: A famous actress is murdered at her movie premiere. Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald, the NYPD Red team, must find the killer, without upsetting other famous people or NY politicians in the process. There are several subplots, including a series of thefts at hospitals which must be solved but also kept “quiet” and the personal lives of the two main characters, all of which are interesting in their own right.
Characterization: All the characters are reasonably well-developed, and they were portrayed as real people with real personalities. The point of view switches between the main characters and is done well.
Setting: New York City. Nicely described.
Other: This book was narrated by Edoardo Ballerini and he did an excellent job, definitely added to the characterization and the story.
Overall: Good story. Sub-plots were interesting and I thought they added to the story.