Monday, March 13, 2023

This week in history #11

Last week's photos:
1836 Alamo
1862 US paper money
1880 Salvation Army
1609 Bermuda

Last year we looked at obscure holidays. This year, let’s look at major world events that occurred each week.  Make your best guess in the comments as to the years of each event.  No googling!

Week #11

March 14, ____ - Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, Germany. His theory of relativity led to new ways of thinking about time, space, matter and energy.

March 15, ____ - Julius Caesar was assassinated in Rome by Brutus and fellow conspirators. 

March 19, ____ - Wyatt Earp was born in Monmouth, Illinois. He became a legendary a lawman and gunfighter, best known for the shootout at the O.K. Corral.


March 19, ____ - The United States launched an attack against Iraq to remove dictator Saddam Hussein from power.
 


4 comments:

  1. I can have a solid guess at three of these. Einstein is always later than I think he should be, so I will say 1880. Caesar was early BC, say 30BC. And Hussein was around 2000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 is sooooooo close that I'll give it to you! The others are close too but not as close as #1.

      Delete
  2. I find myself confused. I know there is a 36 and a 39 in the first two things, but I can't get straight on if Einstein was 1836 or 1839.

    Caesar's assassination was either BC 36 or BC39.

    Even though I was born in Phoenix wild west lore has never been a turn on for me.

    The Irag war started in 1991, which was in the news this week as Congress tried to remove the unilatoral law allowing that war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very close! And I've never been a wild west person either.

      Delete