- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- True sportsmanship
- Dave Barry columns
- Reader's Digest Funny Stories
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- THIS WEEK'S FEATURED LINK: IT'S MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH!! Take a quiz on the military
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Military Definitions - B
A to Z Blogging Challenge. My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.
B – Bravo
morse code – dash dot dot dotBarracks – a building or group of buildings used to house soldiers or other military personnel. My son's job as a Seabee [electrician] has been primarily refurbishing and repairing various barracks in several locations throughout the world.
Battalion – a military unit consisting of several companies, each of which contains many soldiers or “troops”. My son is assigned to a Navy “construction battalion”, meaning he is a Seabee [CB].
BFO - blinding flash of the obvious.
Bivouac – a temporary camp with little or no cover.
Boat – a submarine. Not to be confused with ship, which is an above-water vessel.
Boot camp - basic military training required for all new enlistees. Initial active duty training is 12 weeks. My son's boot camp was mid-January thru March at the Great Lakes Naval Facility north of Chicago. Boot camp near Chicago in winter. Brrrrrrr!
Brig – a military prison or jail on a ship or Navy base.
Buddy-aid – First aid provided by a non-medical Service member to another person.
Bulkhead - the interior structural divider of a ship.
Bull$h!t bomb – slang for a device which distributes propaganda leaflets.