- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- True sportsmanship
- What the 2016 World Series taught us
- Dave Barry columns
- Reader's Digest Funny Stories
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- THIS WEEK'S FEATURED LINK: Do you need libel insurance for your tweets?
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Military Definitions - H
H – Hotel
morse code – dot dot dot dot
Homeland security — [Department of] A cabinet department with primary responsibilities of protecting the territory of the United States from, and responding to, terrorist attacks, man-made accidents, and natural disasters. Whereas the military generally works to protect the US abroad, DHS works to protect the US at home. Includes the departments of Immigration, Customs, Border Patrol, Citizenship, Transportation Security [TSA], Coast Guard, Secret Service, and FEMA. Public awareness slogan - “If you see something, say something.”
Howitzer — a cannon that combines certain characteristics of guns and mortars.
Hooah – Army motivational slang, acknowledgment, most commonly used to respond to a verbal greeting or as an expression of motivation.
Hooyah or Hoorah – Navy and Coast Guard equivalent of Hooah
Oorah – Marine equivalent of Hooah