- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Military Definitions - H
H – Hotel
morse code – dot dot dot dot
Homeland security — [Department of] A cabinet department with primary responsibilities of protecting the territory of the United States from, and responding to, terrorist attacks, man-made accidents, and natural disasters. Whereas the military generally works to protect the US abroad, DHS works to protect the US at home. Includes the departments of Immigration, Customs, Border Patrol, Citizenship, Transportation Security [TSA], Coast Guard, Secret Service, and FEMA. Public awareness slogan - “If you see something, say something.”
Howitzer — a cannon that combines certain characteristics of guns and mortars.
Hooah – Army motivational slang, acknowledgment, most commonly used to respond to a verbal greeting or as an expression of motivation.
Hooyah or Hoorah – Navy and Coast Guard equivalent of Hooah
Oorah – Marine equivalent of Hooah