- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Friday, April 8, 2016
Military Defintions - G
A to Z Blogging Challenge. My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.
G – Golf
morse code – dash dash dot
General orders — Instructions that apply to all members of a command, as compared with special orders, which affect only individuals or small groups. General orders are usually concerned with matters of policy or administration. Also, a series of orders that govern the duties of a sentry on post.
Geneva Conventions - rules that apply only in times of armed conflict and define the basic rights of people who are not, or are no longer taking part in, hostilities. They establish the standards of international law for the humanitarian treatment of war, including the sick and wounded of armed forces on the field, shipwrecked members of armed forces at sea, prisoners of war, and civilians. The treaties of 1949 were ratified, in whole or with reservations, by 196 countries.
Ground zero — The point on the surface of the Earth at, below, or above the center of a nuclear detonation. Also used in relation to earthquakes, epidemics, and other disasters to mark the point of the most severe damage or destruction. In modern times, the term is generally understood to mean the World Trade Center site in New York City.