NATIONAL Milk Day
NATIONAL Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friends Day
NATIONAL Learn Your Name in Morse Code Day
-.. . -. .- / .--. .- .-- .-.. .. -. --.
Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
1785 The Continental Congress convenes in NY
1861 Alabama secedes from the US
1940 Benjamin O Davis Sr becomes the first black US Army general
1964 US Surgeon General issued the first report that cigarette smoking was dangerous
1973 Baseball's American League adopted the “designated hitter” to hit for the pitcher
Writer, California attorney, stumbling through the courtrooms of Southern California
Weekly posts for 2023!
Twitter: @denapawling - I retweet interesting/humorous legal and military news
Email: denapawling at gmail dot com
I support our troops!
Nothing on this blog should be considered legal advice.
- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- Top 10 military stories of 2022
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Lawsuit Claims Mac & Cheese May Take Seconds Longer to Make Than Promised
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
DAY 11 - This day in legal and military history
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Milk day and MLK day are a bit close for dyslexic comfort, no? :)ReplyDelete
I do believe you are correct!Delete