Monday, May 13, 2019

A to Z Blogging Challenge - Reflections

Congrats to everyone who completed the challenge!  It's tough, but worth it.

As usual, I barely had enough time to create my own posts, despite starting in January.  At the end of March we had a death in the family, and the managing partner of my law firm had surgery on April 2 and was out the entire month, which greatly increased my workload.  So the word CHALLENGE in the A to Z Challenge was especially applicable this year.

I visited quite a few participating blogs, but I was NOT good at leaving comments.  My bad.  There's always next year, but that's what I always say =)

Here are the blogs/themes I found interesting and/or fun:

Adjusting to Life as a Military Spouse


Africa

Trucks 


Living in Fairbanks Alaska

John Williams' film scores

Haiku

Signs from road trips across the USA

This year, in honor of the A to Z Challenge 10th anniversary, here's a list of ten questions the challenge folks proposed for us to consider using in our reflections post:


1. What did you love about the challenge this year? I had a lot of fun with my theme, and several of the blogs I visited had really interesting themes.  I love geography and learning about our world, and there were several blogs that had a geography theme.
 

2. What would you change about it? It would be nice if all the participants either had the month of April off work, or were granted an extra 2 hours per day, so we would be able to visit more blogs.
 

3. What was the best moment for you during this year's challenge? My husband checked out my blog every day, which he almost never does.
 

4. What is the best comment your blog got during the challenge, and who left the comment? The country of Wales was not on any of the country lists that I used, and AJ Blythe noted that.  Is it a true country?  Or just part of the UK?  An interesting question.
 

5. Will you do the challenge again? Absolutely.
 

6. Was it well organized and were the hosts helpful? (Did you fill out the after survey?) Yes I did the after survey.  I thought the hosts did a great job.
 

7. How did you and your blog grow, change, or improve as a result of this challenge? Did you find new blogs out there to enjoy? I deviated from my usual legal/military theme, which was interesting but I miss my legal/military stuff.  I found several new blogs that I'll be visiting throughout the year.  Others I've enjoyed for several years and still do.
 

8. Were you on the Master List? (If you did the challenge last year, was it better this time without the daily lists?) I was definitely on the master list.  I never looked at the daily lists so that part didn't really affect me.
 

9. Any suggestions for our future? I loved the separate column on the master list for the specific theme.  I didn't really visit any blogs that didn't include a specific theme that I thought would be interesting.
 

10. Any notes to the co-host team? A word of thanks to Jeremy for all his hard work on the graphics? A picture with your A to Z shirt, if you ordered one? Great challenge and good work!

I'll see everyone next year!


6 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed my posts, Dena. I certainly enjoyed yours (and your A-Z challenge got a shout out from another who enjoyed: https://noloveforfatties.com/2019/05/06/atozchallenge-reflection-3/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to that blog and left a comment. All y'all who posted the reflections post on time are amazing. I'm only a week behind LOL

      And I do need to get out more. I can't believe I've only seen ONE of those John Williams movies.

      Delete
  2. Nice recap, Dena. You did great with all the real challenges you had!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete