- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Friday, June 3, 2016
BURIED IN A BOG by Sheila Connolly [Book recommendation]
Book obtained from: Library New Books shelf, Audio book
Description: Maura Donovan, a 20-something from Boston, was raised by her grandmother. She visits Ireland after her grandmother's death to fulfill a promise and to learn more about her family. While there, her life is threatened as she searches for answers for first one, then another, murder.
Plot: Maura promised her grandmother she would visit the small town of Leap, in County Cork, Ireland. She travels there after her grandmother's death, meets the locals, talks to friends of her grandmother, learns about Irish history and her family, and stumbles upon two murders. When she is the subject of several seemingly-random attacks, she sets about to solve the murders before she is next.
Characterization: The characters are reasonably well developed and had their own personalities. I did like Maura altho she was sometimes a bit whiny.
Setting: Small towns in Ireland. The descriptions were very good, I was able to vividly picture every scene without it being over-described. The book also gives some history of Ireland, presented in an interesting way and keeping within the story, which I enjoyed.
Other: This book was slow in places, but still interesting.
Overall: A good, light mystery, with some history. Very good, vivid descriptions. The audio book is read by Amy Rubinate, who read it well with different voices for the different characters altho some voices did sound similar.