- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Friday, December 16, 2016
OUTFOXED by David Rosenfelt [Book recommendation]
Book obtained from: Library new book, audio book 
Description: The newest [book 14] in the Andy Carpenter series. Andy is a criminal defense attorney and independently wealthy. He prefers being “retired” and working with his charitable Tara Foundation, rescuing dogs. But when someone he knows is charged with a crime, he takes the case.
Plot: An inmate, Brian Atkins, works with the dogs of the Tara Foundation, training them to make them more adoptable. One day he uses one of the dogs to escape from prison. Shortly thereafter, the man whose testimony put him in prison is found murdered. Andy tracks the dog and the police track Andy and arrest Brian, who swears he didn't do the killing. Andy believes him and agrees to represent him.
Characterization: Most of the characters are well-rounded and have individual personalities. Even the dogs in the story have individual personalities. Andy is sarcastic and wise-cracking, which makes the books fun to read.
Setting: Paterson New Jersey. Reasonably well described, I was able to picture every scene.
Other: The audio book was narrated by Grover Gardner and he definitely adds to the characterization of all of the characters.
Overall: I enjoyed this newest addition to the Andy Carpenter series.