NATIONAL No Brainer Day
NATIONAL Polar Bear Day
NATIONAL Strawberry Day
Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
1782 In England, the House of Commons votes against waging any further war in America. On 5 March, Parliament enacts legislation empowering the English Crown to negotiate peace with the United States.
1827 The first Mardi-Gras celebration is held in New Orleans.
1844 The Dominican Republic gained independence from Haiti.
1939 The US Supreme Court outlaws sit-down strikes.
1973 The US Supreme Court rules that a Virginia pool club can’t bar residents because of color.
1986 The US Senate allows its debates to be televised on a trial basis.
1991 Coalition forces liberate Kuwait after seven months of occupation by the Iraqi army.
Writer, California attorney, stumbling through the courtrooms of Southern California
Weekly posts for 2023!
Twitter: @denapawling - I retweet interesting/humorous legal and military news
Email: denapawling at gmail dot com
I support our troops!
Nothing on this blog should be considered legal advice.
- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- Top 10 military stories of 2022
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Lawsuit Claims Mac & Cheese May Take Seconds Longer to Make Than Promised
Monday, February 27, 2017
DAY 58 - This day in legal and military history
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment