Sunday, March 5, 2017

DAY 64 - This day in legal and military history

March 5
 

NATIONAL Learn What Your Name Means Day
http://www.thenamemeaning.com/dena/
 

NATIONAL Cheese Doodle Day
 

NATIONAL Multiple Personality Day
 


Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
 

1942 Navy “Seabees” and insignia officially authorized. 

1956 The US Supreme Court affirms the ban on segregation in public schools in Brown vs. Board of Education.
 

1984 The US Supreme Court rules that cities have the right to display the Nativity scene as part of their Christmas display.

2 comments:

  1. Part of me loves National Multiple Personality Day and part of me loathes it. And another part ... okay, okay, I'll stop. But you kinda set me up for it. And thanks for the assist! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I set you up for something you could relate to =)

      Delete