Swallows’ Day - The swallows return to Capistrano California
NATIONAL Corn Dog Day
NATIONAL Let's Laugh Day
NATIONAL Certified Nurses Day
NATIONAL Chocolate Caramel Day
NATIONAL Poultry Day
Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
1822 Boston is incorporated as a city
1917 The Adamson Act, eight hour day for railroad workers, is ruled constitutional by the US Supreme Court
1918 Congress authorizes time zones and Daylight Savings Time
1931 The state of Nevada legalizes gambling
1942 FDR orders men between the ages of 45 & 64 to register for non-military duty
1952 The 1,000,000th Jeep was produced
1953 The Academy Awards were first televised
Writer, California attorney, stumbling through the courtrooms of Southern California
Weekly posts for 2023!
Twitter: @denapawling - I retweet interesting/humorous legal and military news
Email: denapawling at gmail dot com
I support our troops!
Nothing on this blog should be considered legal advice.
- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- Top 10 military stories of 2022
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Lawsuit Claims Mac & Cheese May Take Seconds Longer to Make Than Promised
Sunday, March 19, 2017
DAY 78 - This day in legal and military history
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment