NATIONAL Something on a Stick Day
NATIONAL Black Forest Cake Day
NATIONAL Weed Appreciation Day [According to my research, this is about “garden-variety” weeds, not marijuana =) ]
NATIONAL American Diabetes Association Alert Day [Fourth Tuesday in March]
Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
1885 The Salvation Army is officially organized in the United States
1930 Constantinople and Angora change their names to Istanbul and Ankara respectively
1979 A major accident occurs at Pennsylvania’s Three Mile Island nuclear power plant
1996 Congress passed the line-item veto, giving the president power to cut government spending by scrapping specific programs
2000 Supreme Court rules unanimously that an anonymous tip does not justify a stop-and-frisk action against a person
Writer, California attorney, stumbling through the courtrooms of Southern California
Weekly posts for 2023!
Twitter: @denapawling - I retweet interesting/humorous legal and military news
Email: denapawling at gmail dot com
I support our troops!
Nothing on this blog should be considered legal advice.
- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- Top 10 military stories of 2022
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Lawsuit Claims Mac & Cheese May Take Seconds Longer to Make Than Promised
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
DAY 87 - This day in legal and military history
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment