Monday, October 31, 2022

National Days/Weeks #34

Last week's photos:
October 26 – Pumpkin Day
October 29 – Cat Day

Each week on Monday I'll post two photos which represent a "national day" or "national week" for the coming week [through the following Sunday].  Your job is to figure out which national day or week is depicted in each photo.  

Here are the photos for this week.  What national day or week does each represent?  Even if you're not 100% sure, make your best guess!  Come back next week to see if you're right.

November 1

November 6


4 comments:

  1. I grew up in the last millennium, so I remember the Typewriter. I don't remember it too fondly. but I remember those archaic things.

    The Time Bandit strikes again on Nov. 6. I just wish someone important would make up their mind and stick with one time or the other, I'll adjust to whichever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to type on an IBM Selectric typewriter. Not quite what's pictured in this photo but still archaic in my mind LOL

      Delete
  2. National Authors Day and the disaster that is daylight savings which the government almost got rid of and might in two more years but not yet.

    "I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of." —Joss Whedon

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Reference& Speculative Fiction Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now states can choose to change clocks OR stay with standard time [winter time] but they can't choose permanent DST [summer time]. There's currently a bill in Congress which will allow states to choose permanent DST. My understanding is that most people prefer DST over standard time.

      Delete