NATIONAL Tax Day [except this year, Tax Day is not until April 18]
NATIONAL Take a Wild Guess Day
NATIONAL Glazed Spiral Ham Day
NATIONAL Rubber Eraser Day
NATIONAL Titanic Remembrance Day
NATIONAL Auctioneers Day [third Saturday in April]
Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
1817 Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet opened the first free American school for the deaf in Hartford, Connecticut
1912 With her band playing on the deck in the North Atlantic, the ocean liner Titanic sinks at 2:27 am
1923 Insulin becomes generally available for people suffering with diabetes
1955 Ray Kroc starts the McDonald’s chain of fast food restaurants
2013 Two bombs explode near the finish line at the Boston Marathon in Boston, Massachusetts, killing three people and injuring 264 others
Writer, California attorney, stumbling through the courtrooms of Southern California
Weekly posts for 2023!
Twitter: @denapawling - I retweet interesting/humorous legal and military news
Email: denapawling at gmail dot com
I support our troops!
Nothing on this blog should be considered legal advice.
- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- Top 10 military stories of 2022
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Lawsuit Claims Mac & Cheese May Take Seconds Longer to Make Than Promised
Saturday, April 15, 2017
DAY 105 - This day in legal and military history
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment