NATIONAL All is Ours Day
NATIONAL Zoo Lovers Day
NATIONAL Take Your Parents to the Playground Day [second Saturday in April]
Today in legal and military [and occasional oddities] history
1513 Ponce de León claimed Florida for Spain
1789 The US House of Representatives holds its first meeting
1913 The 17th Amendment is ratified, requiring direct election of senators
1943 US President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in an attempt to check inflation, freezes wages and prices, prohibits workers from changing jobs unless the war effort would be aided thereby, and bars rate increases by common carriers and public utilities
1946 The League of Nations assembled for the last time
1974 Hank Aaron hits his 715th home run, breaking Babe Ruth’s record
1975 Frank Robinson of the Cleveland Indians becomes the first black manager of a major league baseball team
1986 Actor Clint Eastwood was elected mayor of Carmel, California
1994 Smoking was banned in the Pentagon and all US military bases
Writer, California attorney, stumbling through the courtrooms of Southern California
Weekly posts for 2023!
Twitter: @denapawling - I retweet interesting/humorous legal and military news
Email: denapawling at gmail dot com
I support our troops!
Nothing on this blog should be considered legal advice.
- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- Top 10 military stories of 2022
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Lawsuit Claims Mac & Cheese May Take Seconds Longer to Make Than Promised
Saturday, April 8, 2017
DAY 98 - This day in legal and military history
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment