- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Military Definitions - E
A to Z Blogging Challenge. My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.
E – Echo
morse code – dot
Embed – When a reporter stays with the military in order to conduct journalistic business. They are typically provided with security and basic necessities provided by the unit they are embedded with.
Encampment - a place with temporary accommodations, generally huts or tents, for troops or nomads.
Enlist – to sign up with a branch of the armed services. Enlistment generally begins at a local recruiting station, and is completed at the regional Military Entrance Processing Station [MEPS] facility, which for my son was in San Diego CA. My son's enlistment period is 5 years active, 3 years reserve. This means that after 5 years, he can re-enlist for another 5 years, or he can leave the service but will still be required to fulfill 3 years reserve.