- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Military Definitions - J
A to Z Blogging Challenge. My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.
J – Juliett [or Juliet]
morse code – dot dash dash dash
Jeep – four-wheel-drive light utility Army truck. While researching this entry for my blog, I discovered you can actually buy an ex-military jeep on e-bay.
Jet stream — a narrow band of high velocity wind in the upper atmosphere.
Joe – Army term for a soldier. Shortened from GI Joe.
Judge advocate — an officer of the Judge Advocate General [JAG] Corps of the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard who is designated as a judge advocate. Judge Advocates serve primarily as legal advisors to the command to which they are assigned. Their advice may cover a wide range of issues dealing with administrative law, government contracting, civilian and military personnel law, law of war and international relations, and environmental law. They also serve as prosecutors, defense counsel, and judges for the military when conducting courts-martial.