- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- True sportsmanship
- What the 2016 World Series taught us
- Dave Barry columns
- Reader's Digest Funny Stories
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- THIS WEEK'S FEATURED LINK: An example of an awesome cease and desist letter
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Military Definitions - N
A to Z Blogging Challenge. My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.
N – November
morse code – dash dot
National Security Agency — an intelligence organization of the United States government, responsible for monitoring, collection, and processing of global information.
Nautical mile — a distance equal to one minute of arc on the Earth's surface. The United States has adopted the international nautical mile equal to 1,852 meters or approximately 6,076 feet. As a comparison, a land mile is 5,280 feet.
Navy – from my son's “new recruit handbook” - “The mission of the United States Navy is to protect and defend the right of the United States and our allies to move freely on the oceans and to protect our country against her enemies.” My son enlisted in the US Navy a little over 3 years ago as a Seabee [electrician]. He now holds the rank of E-4, or petty officer third class. He is not assigned to a ship. Seabees are assigned to Construction Battalions [CBs], and are transported mostly by plane.