Monday, April 11, 2016

Military Definitions - I


A to Z Blogging Challenge.  My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.

 
I – India
morse code – dot dot
Infantry - soldiers marching or fighting on foot; foot soldiers.

Improvised explosive device — also called IED.  A device put together in an improvised manner designed to destroy or  incapacitate.  Normally devised from nonmilitary components.

Intelligence — the collection, processing, evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of available information concerning foreign nations, hostile forces, or areas of actual or potential operations. 

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know what an IED was, I learn something new here daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know the acronym IED. I've heard that used so many times and didn't realize -- until this moment -- that I didn't actually know what the acronym stood for. "Explosive Device" was easy, of course. But I couldn't have told you "Improvised" nor did I realize the exact definition. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IED. Not to be confused with an IUD. That wouldn't be good! :-\

    ReplyDelete