Monday, April 18, 2016

Military Definitions - O

A to Z Blogging Challenge.  My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.

O Oscar
morse code dash dash dash

Objective the clearly defined, decisive, and attainable goal toward which every operation is directed.

Occupied territory territory under the authority and effective control of the enemy.

Officer of the Deck also called OOD.  The officer in charge of the ship, including its safe and proper operation.

Ordnance - military supplies including weapons, ammunition, combat vehicles, and maintenance tools and equipment.

Overseas All locations, including Alaska and Hawaii, outside the continental United States.

Oxygen thief slang for someone who's useless or talks too much.


 

13 comments:

  1. Ha! Oxygen Thief. I'll have to remember that one. :) And for Doctor Who fans, Ood has a completely different meaning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband likes Dr. Who but I've only seen snips of episodes as I walk thru the room where he's watching. He made me sit thru about 2 minutes of Blink and I had to leave!

      Delete
  2. I love the term oxygen thief! I frequently refer to such people as a waste of oxygen or skin cells.

    Welcome to My Magick Theatre
    Onomastics Outside the Box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oxygen Thief - great title for a book or one of John Frain's A to Z challenge stories. Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wouldn't it be fun to do an A to Z challenge from the antagonist's point of view?! Here comes May... HA, no way, this is too exhausting. April's killing me.

      Delete
    2. You all are too funny! Why not a May challenge John? I'd read them.

      Delete
  4. I'm also in love with the term "oxygen thief"! Thank you for that. And, like Colin, OOD took my brain in a whole different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the oxygen thief. Would that they were only limited to the military, but I think they've invaded every area of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know several people who qualify. And some of them I see in court attempting to pretend they're a licensed attorney...........

      Delete