- Awesome agent liked my synopsis advice!
- Info for writers making a will
- "Merry Christmas, My Friend"
- Night Before Christmas - Legal Edition
- Top 10 military stories of 2016
- Top 10 military stories of 2017
- Top 10 military stories of 2018
- Top 10 military stories of 2019
- Top 10 military stories of 2020
- Top 10 military stories of 2021
- FEATURED LINK OF THE WEEK: Brazil's seven tons of tax laws
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Military Definitions - R
A to Z Blogging Challenge. My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.
R – Romeo
morse code – dot dash dot
RADAR — an acronym for RAdio Detection And Ranging. A radio detection device that provides information on range, azimuth, and/or elevation of objects.
Rangers — an elite, specially trained, rapidly deployable airborne light infantry component of the US Army, trained for highly complex operations in coordination with other special operations units of all services. Similar to Navy Seal.
Rating – a “job” in the Navy, the enlisted occupations that consist of specific skills and abilities. My son is a construction electrician [CE], a Seabee rating.
Rectal Cranial Inversion - to have one's head up one's butt.
Rent-A-Crowd - used in reference to farewell ceremonies or changes of command, this refers to a crowd that is gathered to attend an “optional” function because they were ordered to do so.
Reserves - military personnel who maintain their military skills and readiness for a long-term, part-time commitment, participating in periodic training sessions after returning to civilian life, and are "on call” if needed. After my son's five year, active duty commitment is over, if he decides to leave active duty he will serve three years in the reserves.