Monday, April 18, 2016

Military Definitions - O

A to Z Blogging Challenge.  My topic is MILITARY DEFINITIONS.

O – Oscar
morse code – dash dash dash

Objective — the clearly defined, decisive, and attainable goal toward which every operation is directed.

Occupied territory — territory under the authority and effective control of the enemy.

Officer of the Deck — also called OOD.  The officer in charge of the ship, including its safe and proper operation.

Ordnance - military supplies including weapons, ammunition, combat vehicles, and maintenance tools and equipment.

Overseas — All locations, including Alaska and Hawaii, outside the continental United States.

Oxygen thief – slang for someone who's useless or talks too much.


 

13 comments:

  1. Ha! Oxygen Thief. I'll have to remember that one. :) And for Doctor Who fans, Ood has a completely different meaning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband likes Dr. Who but I've only seen snips of episodes as I walk thru the room where he's watching. He made me sit thru about 2 minutes of Blink and I had to leave!

      Delete
  2. I love the term oxygen thief! I frequently refer to such people as a waste of oxygen or skin cells.

    Welcome to My Magick Theatre
    Onomastics Outside the Box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oxygen Thief - great title for a book or one of John Frain's A to Z challenge stories. Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wouldn't it be fun to do an A to Z challenge from the antagonist's point of view?! Here comes May... HA, no way, this is too exhausting. April's killing me.

      Delete
    2. You all are too funny! Why not a May challenge John? I'd read them.

      Delete
  4. I'm also in love with the term "oxygen thief"! Thank you for that. And, like Colin, OOD took my brain in a whole different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the oxygen thief. Would that they were only limited to the military, but I think they've invaded every area of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know several people who qualify. And some of them I see in court attempting to pretend they're a licensed attorney...........

      Delete